Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Three

The day on which mother finds out that she is pregnant with her first child is a day of unbelievable excitement. I won't ever forget the day that I found that Ted and I were expecting. I remember feeling nervous, anxious, even scared, as I awaited the pregnancy test to give a reading as I knew that whether it read positive or negative, it would change our lives either way. Of course, in a bigger way if it turned out to be positive. I can remember holding that test in my hand after the appropriate amount of time had elapsed and almost wanting to scream with excitement as I stared at two lines which symbolized a new beginning, a new life.

Fast forward to August 3, 2008 at 12:08 PM. I was holding that new life in my hands and was overwhelmed with so many emotions. Happiness, joy, and even a little anxiety as I didn't know what to expect with this little Tiff/Ted combo.


It's hard to believe that today, that little 7 pound, 11 ounce boy now looks like this ...



and is 3 years old today!

Talan is so full of life and personality! He is a boy in every way, loving to climb and analyze the world around him. That analyzing has often led to frogs being loose in our home, and even him finding spiders and other odd critters outside and feeling the need to show them to me, up close and personal. Even though it sometimes scares me that he is so bold with animals and the outdoors, I love every critter moment.

He is also such a clown. He loves to laugh and he loves to make people laugh. Just this morning after he had come downstairs and we all told him happy birthday and sang to him, he made up a little song that went something like "It's my birthday yeah, yeah! It's my birthday yeah yeah!" and with every exclamation he got louder and louder. I couldn't help but to laugh.

As for interests, he is really into books and again, the outdoors. He loves to camp and fish and play in the sand and climb, but he also still loves to cuddle with his mom too and I hope that doesn't change for some years. But, no matter how old he is, he will always be my 'little man.'

Happy Birthday Talan!
Mommy loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment