Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Countdown to Aniela

The nursery is ready, the birthing pool has been brought up from the downstairs area (still in the box though), food is being pre-prepared and frozen, and time is now of the essence. The Morgan mound is preparing for the arrival of a most precious blessing, little Aniela. Until someone brought it to my attention today, I had forgotten that it is indeed October, and our little girl is estimated to arrive in only SEVEN days!

Poppa Morgan is on edge, just as he was with Talan. Every little kick that makes me grunt or rub at my belly, he goes "Are you okay?" He is now at the point where he always has a look of concern on his face.

As for Mr. T, we don't know what he's feeling exactly. I do believe that he is going to miss laying on my big belly, and I also think he is going to miss when I put his hand on my belly and Aniela moves. It makes him laugh the biggest laugh. Luckily we have captured tons of video footage of this so we will always have the memory on hand. I'm really intrigued to see how the little guy is going to react to his little sister, but I guess time will tell.

As for me, I'm as big as house, but I'm loving every minute of it. I'm one of those rare women who enjoys pregnancy. It has even been said that morning sickness has a purpose, and though it's no fun, it's a part of the process. I have achieved a lot of things in my life, but my greatest achievement in my opinion is having a life form inside of me, a life created by the union of my husband and I and overseen by the man above. But it doesn't stop there, as I not only carry this life, but I am essentially it's life force. It lives because of me. It thrives and flourishes because of me. I am its protector, its sanctuary, its home for 9 months. I can't think of a greater process than pregnancy, and that's why I make it my duty to enjoy every minute of it. I am even thankful for the aches and pains, as a wonderful blessing is the cause of them.

And for those who are curious, yes, I am still working. I worked up all the way up until Talan's birth, and I'm doing the same thing now. It really keeps me on my toes and it keeps my mind off of how anxious I am to meet our daughter.

So anyhow, that's basically what's going on in the mound ... anticipation. Naturally I will keep you all updated ... duh, it is a blog! Poppa Morgan has volunteered to be a guest blogger after the baby's birth so that should be interesting. I can see myself now over his shoulder trying to dictate every word he writes. I think he'll do fine though.

Well, I'm off to finish stuffing diapers and folding prefolds, what fun!

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post & I have been thinking of you so much the past few days. Keep us posted & I'll be waiting to hear that she is here. Take care & {{HUGS}}
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck and Best Wishes Mama:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I think your blog is lovely! Please check my blog for a surprise!

    http://beautifulmomentsbykris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love pregnancy, you made me a little wistful. Not sure yet if we are planning another or not, but posts like this make me think I am not done!
    Hello from SITS!

    ReplyDelete