Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Kreativ Blogger Award - Find Out Something New


I am honored to have received my first blogging award, the Kreativ Blogger award. I was given the award by Caroline (check out her blog The Croley Gang), a fellow mom blogger who I actually met on a social site for moms. She is such a great and kindhearted person, and even if no one else does, I can always count on her to leave a comment on my blog posts.

So now that I have this award, I have to pass it on to some others, but first there are some rules that I must state and of course follow as well.

Kreativ Blogger Award Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy logo and paste it to your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.


So I have to tell you seven things about myself. Hmmm ....

1) I have been doing gymnastics since I was 3 years old.
2) I was close to attending and participating in the Olympics (yes, in gymnastics) years ago.
3) My dream car (and a dream it will certainly stay) is the Maybach 62 Landaulet, reasonably priced at $1.35 MILLION. See why it will stay a dream?
4) My shoes of choice are flip flops, of which I have about 30 pair.
5) Poppa Morgan and I went to Thailand for our honeymoon, the farthest I have ever traveled. It was absolutely beautiful.
6) I realized that I wanted to be an interior designer when I was about 13 years old. Most kids change their minds about their career paths, but I didn't, and here I am!
7) I love to sew, a skill that comes in handy in my profession. I haven't ever made clothes, but I have made pillows, curtains, and even duvet covers.
8) I am very skilled at the piano, thanks to a mom who has been teaching the subject from home for years.
9) The camera I use for my photos is a Nikon D90 that I got from Poppa Morgan as a Christmas present last year. It was an upgrade from a D40 which he is now learning. I am certainly still learning my D90.
10) I'm going to make number ten the "rundown of facts" about me. These things are a part of who I am, but they do not make me who I am. I am an extended breastfeeding, co-sleeping, delayed/selectively vaccinating, holistically circumcising, foreskin donating (yes, you can do that, if you have any questions just ask), babywearing, cloth diapering, natural birthing, delayed cord clamping, extended rear facing, homemade baby food making, always sewing, full time working, Christian daughter, sister, wife, mother, and friend.


Now, here are some people who most certainly deserve this award, so I'm going to give it to them! And the award goes to (Imagine the Price is Right theme starts playing. I don't know why that's the theme playing, just go along with it!) .....

1) JoJosMama
2) Estelle
3) Tori Jean
4) Monika
5) Sweet Home Montana
6) 2 Toddlers and Me
7) Momma Such

All of the names above are linked to the person's blog, so make sure to check them out. All of these ladies have some really great blogs. Some are just starting out, but I'm sure they would appreciate you dropping by and checking out their blogs.

Thanks again to Caroline for my first award, I was really excited about seeing my name listed on your blog.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award! You deserve it, your blog is great. I liked your 10 facts, very interesting. I think it's so neat that you knew what you wanted to be when you were little and your dream came true!

    And thanks so much for passing it on, I really appreciate it. I'll post about it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pick for shoes, I have so many different pairs too. I also started gymnastics when I was 5. I loved it and now my girls love and also my son , LOL. Congrats I always enjoy reading your blog. Not much longer til baby I bet your getting excited, Take care
    Caroline :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...This is soooo sweet! I think as Mommy Bloggers we often don't get a minute to sit down and read everyone's blogs but I certainly try to and love meeting new women! Thanks for the nomination, your truly a beautiful mama:)

    ReplyDelete